I like to give a list of useful links to people who attend my Demonstrations, so I thought instead of an email which has a massive amount of information to read all in one hit, that I would create a list here, and people can more easily refer back to it down the track.
Take what information you need, when you need it!
Recent newsletters can be found by clicking the following links:
- November 2013 – click here
- December 2013 – click here
- January 2014 – click here
Useful general links to Thermomix-related websites
These pages have recipes, information about the Thermomix or other relevant information…
Once you have your Thermomix, these may become even more useful to you:
Favourite Recipes I use…
My family and I are on a restricted diet at present – free of additives (numbers – flavours, preservatives, colours etc) and low or moderate in most natural chemicals (salicylates, amines, glutamates). We generally are dairy and gluten free as well, though we have been using enzymes to help us to digest several food types lately with excellent success.
I often mention the recipes that I use for our family…
- My version of a great gluten, dairy, egg, soy etc free fluffy bread – click here
- Quirky Jo’s Rice (& Almond) milk – we omit the nuts, but its still great – click here
- No Tomato Sauce – Thermomix version – click here
- ‘Pear Ketchup’ – Thermomix versions – my normal recipe of choice = here, or a similar alternative, click here
- Failsafe Hummus (uses Pear Ketchup) – click here
- I’ve got cook books from Kersten’s Kitchen, and I love how she has transitioned her family onto a healing diet away from purely eliminating troubling foods – click here
- I’ve just seen a new one from The Truthful Kitchen… Failsafe Waffles! These will be added to our menu soon I think…click here
Aside from my Thermomix discussions, I have been known to mention my own journey involving magnesium to improve tolerances to food for myself/my youngest daughter. Here are some useful links…
- Details on Magnesium deficiencies symptoms and diagnosis – here
- Got Mag – Magnesium Deficiencies 101 – click here
- Gluten sensitivity and magnesium deficiency – click here
- Dr Carolyn Dean – ‘The Magnesium Miracle” – click here
- Magnesium and pregnancy – how to help reduce morning sickness – here
- Over 300 Enzymes Need Magnesium to Function – click here
You can get magnesium oil at a number of different suppliers, please contact me if you would like to know who I buy from (no I don’t officially stock/supply any magnesium oil at this stage, though I do keep extra bottles at my home incase anyone is needy… I just sell them at cost price to me).
I will qualify the above links with a suggestion/warning… DO NOT just go and get any old magnesium supplement… DO NOT just assume that what you are taking within something else is enough either. Have a chat with me if you like, or read the links above, they explain why.
I can make suggestions on how much oil to spray on your skin… adults and kids do vary as to how much to apply and you should go steady so that other minerals don’t get out of balance and give you a headache, tiredness etc. See this link to understand why you need to take it steady.
Mineral balance in general is an area I’m still learning on… some really useful references can be found from the following sites.
- Copper toxicity and its relationship with our health (relevant for MANY people, not just those with food intolerances)… click here
- Understanding allergies in relation to minerals… click here. Follow the links on that page to also learn more about hair mineral analysis… worth considering
- Want to know where your mineral balance is at? Even those of us in Australia can use this service to test a sample of our hair and to get guidance on how to rebalance things. The solutions offered are not automatically hideously expensive and self-promoting product lines… we will be getting these done for us soon.
I’ll add more here as I find them 🙂